Monday, July 31, 2006

Oh what a hazy, crazy, lazy days of summer....

Well, my children have been out of school since late May, right before Memorial Day and they will be going back to school in less than 2 weeks. I am so sad. I will miss hearing their laughters while they are laying in their beds in the morning.
We had a wonderful summer this year, not too busy, but busy enough so they won't be bored. I am lucky enough to be a stay-at-home mom. So my children are enjoying the summer going swimming at our neighborhood pool, seeing free movies every week, hanging out with friends, going on vacation and staying up late.
Of course my children does not have the same freedom that I did when I was child. The smell of honeysuckles would mark the beginning of the summer. I can just see it - getting off the school bus and going to the neighborhood convenience store to get candies. Not a 7-11 (seven-eleven) convenience store, but an old store with concrete floor and the wood door that pops right back with you let it go. They sell Sunbeam bread and some basic necessities, but best of all, they sold candies. Not the .89 cents chewing gum that you're paying nowaday, but candies that you can buy with your pennies and nickels.
We would watch Captain Kangaroo while having breakfast and then we would leave the house and roamed the neighborhood all day long. Sometime we would come back from lunch and sometime we would stay out all day long. My favorite thing to do is to play kickball in the street and we would use speed bumps for 1st and 3rd base.
Oh, how I missed those days of summer!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Daravuth KEU said...

if you miss vietnam, you can come back to visit it!!! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home