Sunday, June 04, 2006

May is busier than Christmas in December

Whew! I'm so glad May is over. With the children getting out of school in May, it's been crazy. My son completed 5th grade this year. He will attend a middle school in the fall for the next school year. So the parents of the school makes a big deal about the 5th grader leaving elementary school. They had many activities that was special for the 5th grader. This kept me very busy. Also, the 5th grade teachers are trying to prepare the kids for middle school, so they are working them extra hard, giving them loads of homework (not that I'm complaining) and last minute projects! My son also got to sing the National Athem with his classmates at the Atlanta Braves game! How cool was that!
Also, we are waiting to hear about a job transfer. It is possible that we may be moving to another state or even another country. We will find out about one of the jobs by the end of June. If this job doesn't come through, we will not hear about the overseas job until late August or September. If the overseas job comes through, we will go to Rome, Italy. So lately I've been spending all of my Internet time reading about Rome, Italy. I'm preparing myself so I won't be so culture shock.
Ciao!

1 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting a pin on my guestmap. Sorry that I had not took a look on the map for so long so I did not know about you. I have read your blog and glad that you had chance to come back to visit the motherland. I could feel how moved it is. I would like to talk to you about life in both VN and the US. If you want to talk to me, please contact me by email lebaotuan (@gmail.com).
Hope to hear from you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home